Lyonsleaf Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
Safely soothes, softens, repairs and improves skin’s elasticity from top to toe
30ml – A balm made with pure plant oils, organic beeswax, home grown herbs and nothing else. Soothes any skin in need of TLC and repairs and hydrates very dry, cracked or irritated skin and hands damaged by water. It will softens heels, elbows, rough working hands, gardeners hands and hard skin on feet.
It is Non comedogenic, gentle enough to soften and hydrate facial skin and repair chapped lips. Contains gamma linolenic acid (often lacking in the skin of atopic eczema sufferers). Unfragranced, suitable for infants and those with very sensitive skin.
Lyonsleaf Calendula and Marshmallow Balm has dditional marshmallow root extract which is a superb emollient so we think this will a be better option for skin prone to psoriasis than the original Calendula Cream.
- Unfragranced, suitable for infants and those with very sensitive skin.
- Improves sore nipples when nursing (no need to wash off before feeding baby).
- Improves skins elasticity. Use during pregnancy to prevent the appearance of stretch marks.
- Skin damaged by excessive contact to water or harmful substances.
- Skin prone to eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis.
- Very dry skin.
- Gardeners hands / Working hands.
- Skin post chemotherapy and/or radiation therapy.
- Skin healing post surgery / tattoo etc.
- Skin affected by insect bites nettle rash etc.
Note – this is not a sterile product and it contains no antimicrobial preservatives. Caution should be exercised around broken skin especially if the immune system is compromised. It should not be used on broken skin of infants under 3 years.
- Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day.
- For best results use sparingly and frequently
- May contain traces of nut oils.
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use.
- As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed).
- Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems. However, the Zinc and Calendula Cream is deemed useful for nappy rash (a medical issue) because it will hydrate, soothe and repel moisture from the skin. It is therefore certified safe for babies under four weeks (we still recommend only using it if there is a problem that needs addressing).
Lyonsleaf Calendula and Marshmallow Balm is certified as a soothing moisturiser (cosmetic) therefore this product is only certified safe for babies over four weeks.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
- This product contain beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C). If it does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
- UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
- Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural – water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness – 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas – smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.
Lyonsleaf Marshmallow and Calendula Cream Ingredients
94% organic / wild harvest
Helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] Oil** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil* • persea gratissima [avocado] oil** • rosa canina [rosehip] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil – gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract] • althaea officinalis [marshmallow root extract].
*Cold Pressed **Organic/wild harvest
The Republic of Natural Skincare
Lyonsleaf are on a journey to establish themselves as the go-to brand for sensitive skin and to bring safe and effective skincare to the masses at an affordable price with a low environmental impact. There products are 100% natural (not pretend natural, really natural) the only way to be 100% natural is to go water-free.
From the hills over Somerset they have created a range of unique, award winning skincare and beauty products which have manifested a water-free skincare revolution incorporating the oil cleansing method.