Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream Soothes, calms and repels moisture.
30ml – It contains the same amount of calming Calendula as the original Calendula Cream and the Calendula and Marshmallow Balm. It also contains Zinc Oxide (found in calamine lotion), it is unfragranced and is a nut oil free formulation (although it may contain nut oil traces). Zinc oxide is rumoured to reduce excess sebum production (be aware some people find it drying)
It also forms a breathable, protective and moisture repellent barrier (be warned! – it’s so good it won’t easily wash off of clothes or cloth nappies).
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream has and SPF of 10
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream , as all Lyonsleaf products, is suitable for most people with problem skin (always do a patch test to be sure). However, the calendula rich productsare particularly useful for skin prone to dermatitis. Please note: dermatitis is different from perioral dermatitis (a red bumpy rash that appears on the face).
- Skin prone to perioral dermatitis, acne and rosacea.
- Skin prone to break outs.
- Skin prone to nappy rash.
- Skin affected by insect bites, nettle rash etc.
- Any skin in need of TLC.
- Any skin that needs protecting from moisture damage.
Note – this is not a sterile product and it contains no antimicrobial preservatives. Caution should be exercised around broken skin especially if the immune system is compromised. it should not be used on broken skin of infants under 3 years.
- Apply to skin as required up to 6 times a day.
- For best results use sparingly and frequently.
- Should skin become dry, use less often, stop using altogether
- Or alternate with Calendula and Marshmallow Balm
- May contain traces of nut oil
- Not suitable for those with an allergy to the daisy or aster family, (known as a Sesquiterpene Lactone allergy).
- Should irritation occur discontinue use. As with all skin care products test a small area of skin and observe for 24hrs to be sure there is no reaction before applying generally.
- Not suitable for use on broken skin of infants under three years or those with a compromised immune system. Lyonsleaf products do not contain antimicrobial preservatives to kill bacteria that may enter the jar. Do not apply to wounds susceptible to infection.
- It is not recommended to use any skincare products on babies under four weeks unless there is a medical problem (because the outer layer of their skin is not yet formed). Our products are certified as cosmetic products and so are not treatments for medical problems. However, the Zinc and Calendula Cream is deemed useful for nappy rash (a medical issue) because it will hydrate soothe and repel moisture from the skin. It is therefore certified safe for babies under four weeks (we still recommend only using it if there is a problem that needs addressing).
A product of the Lyonsleaf water-free revolution
- The Lyonsleaf water-free revolution is a paradigm shift in skincare. Better for you and better for the planet.
- 100% Natural – water-free means no need for preservatives or emulsifiers
- Undiluted goodness – 100% active ingredients
- Concentrated formulas – smaller pots, less packaging
- Better skin by better skin barrier
Lyonsleaf products are cruelty free and hand-made in the UK, using home-grown herbs, by workers earning a living wage, using as little plastic as possible. Lyonsleaf are committed to an ongoing program of reducing carbon emissions, environmental impact and waste.
The packaging of this product is 100% recyclable and we only use biodegradable postal packaging.
This product contain beeswax and will not melt unless it gets very hot (45°C). If it does melt it can be reset in a refrigerator without the texture being affected. (Repeated heating and resetting will destroy beneficial compounds.)
UV light destroys beneficial compounds, so store it in a dark place, or at least out of direct sunlight.
Unopened and stored in a cool dark place these products will keep indefinitely. Once opened they should be used within 12 months. Poor storage will shorten shelf life.
Lyonsleaf Zinc and Calendula Cream Ingredients
95% organic / wild harvest
helianthus annuus [sunflower] oil** • orbignya oleifera [babassu] oil** • CI77947 – [zinc oxide – non nano] (18%)** • cera alba [beeswax]** • borago officinalis [borage] oil • tocopherol [natural vitamin E oil – gluten free] • calendula officinalis [calendula flower extract].
The Republic of Natural Skincare
Lyonsleaf are on a journey to establish themselves as the go-to brand for sensitive skin and to bring safe and effective skincare to the masses at an affordable price with a low environmental impact. There products are 100% natural (not pretend natural, really natural) the only way to be 100% natural is to go water-free.
From the hills over Somerset they have created a range of unique, award winning skincare and beauty products which have manifested a water-free skincare revolution incorporating the oil cleansing method.